female attorney

Deputyship accounts

If you have been appointed as a property and affairs deputy, you need to submit an annual report to the Office of the Public Guardian that records the decisions and transactions you've made.

You must keep:

  • Bank statements
  • Contracts for services or trades you've arranged
  • Letters and emails you've sent and received about your deputyship
  • Details of any gifts and charitable donations
  • Receipts for expenses you're claiming, such as travel

Compiling the annual report can be time-consuming, yet it's a self-contained task that can easily be outsourced by any law firm. This service is very popular with lay deputys and professional deputys.

Our legal expertise and eye for detail means we can prepare deputyship accounts for you.

To find out more, call 0333 242 2918